Tequila has come far from its reputation as a cheap party drink only good for shots and margaritas. Nowadays, tequila is celebrated for its complex flavors and quality craftsmanship, making it a must-try for any spirit enthusiast. And when it comes to tequila, one brand that stands out is Clase Azul. This premium tequila brand has been making waves in the industry since its founding in 1997 and has wide varieties, including clase azul extra anejo. Its commitment to quality and craftsmanship sets it apart, using traditional methods and only the finest ingredients to create a truly exceptional spirit. This article will examine what makes it unique and why it’s a must-try for any tequila enthusiast.
The Tequila-Making Process
Clase Azul tequila is known for its adherence to traditional methods that have been passed down through generations of Mexican tequila makers. The process starts with carefully harvesting the blue Weber agave, which grows in the highlands of Jalisco, Mexico. Once the agave is harvested, it is slow-cooked in traditional brick ovens for up to 72 hours, a process that imparts the tequila with a smooth and complex flavor. After cooking, the agave is crushed to extract its juice, which is then fermented and distilled twice to produce a pure and high-quality tequila. This time-honored process results in a tequila that is highly regarded by tequila aficionados around the world.
The result is a tequila that is smooth, complex, and full of flavor, with hints of caramel, vanilla, and spice. Clase Azul tequila is also aged in oak barrels for at least eight months, which gives it a rich, amber color and adds to its depth of flavor.
The Different Varieties of Clase Azul Tequila
It offers a range of tequila varieties to suit different tastes and preferences. Here are some of their most popular offerings:
- Clase Azul Plata: This is the brand’s flagship tequila, made from 100% blue Weber agave and aged for at least eight months in oak barrels. It has a smooth, clean taste and is perfect for sipping or mixing in cocktails.
- Clase Azul Reposado: This tequila is aged for at least eight months in oak barrels, giving it a rich, amber color and a smooth, complex flavor. It has notes of vanilla and caramel and is perfect for sipping or mixing in cocktails.
- Clase Azul Añejo: The clase azul extra anejo is aged for at least 25 months in oak barrels, giving it a deep, amber color and a complex, full-bodied flavor. It has oak, chocolate, and coffee notes and is best enjoyed independently.
- Clase Azul Mezcal: This unique offering from Clase Azul is made from 100% agave and roasted in underground pits to give it a smoky, earthy flavor. It is then distilled in copper pots and aged for at least eight months in oak barrels, giving it a smooth, complex flavor.
Why Clase Azul is a Must-Try for Tequila Enthusiasts
Clase Azul tequila is a must-try for any enthusiast and a good reason. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Exceptional Quality: It is made using only the finest ingredients and traditional tequila-making methods, resulting in a high-quality spirit that is smooth, complex, and full of flavor.
- Unique Packaging: Mexican artisans handcrafted and hand-painted each bottle, making it an actual work of art and a collector’s item.
- Variety of Offerings: With a range of tequila varieties, Clase Azul offers something for every taste and occasion, whether you prefer sipping on your tequila or mixing it in cocktails.
- Commitment to Sustainability: This drink is committed to sustainability, using eco-friendly practices in its tequila-making process and giving back to the community through various initiatives.
- Recognition and Awards: It has received numerous awards for its exceptional tequila, including being named “Best Tequila” by the San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
Clase Azul tequila is a must-try for any tequila enthusiast. With its exceptional quality, unique packaging, and range of offerings, it’s no wonder that it has become a favorite among tequila lovers worldwide. So, the next time you’re in the mood for a high-quality tequila, try it and experience the magic.