People must keep a tab on their physical and mental health. If they exhibit unusual symptoms, they must confer with a doctor for smooth recovery without further complications. People who notice frequent changes in their eyesight, headache, and double vision should visit the best eye specialist in Lahore. Delaying the checkup can worsen the condition, and may lead to permanent vision loss. The competent and reliable eye specialist will conduct several relevant tests to diagnose the disease and its cause. The doctor will provide the patient with the most effective treatment plan for smooth recovery without correlating health risks.
What is keratoconus?
Keratoconus is a disease in which the cornea bulges out in a cone shape and causes changes in vision. Children of age five or below with a family history of eye disease are more likely to suffer from keratoconus. If the caregivers notice changes in the change of the cornea, they must seek medical attention to avoid complications. The treatment is available to treat patients with keratoconus; however, the patients may suffer for several years with the disease.
What are the known symptoms of keratoconus?
The signs that indicate that the person is suffering from keratoconus are:
- The person may start to notice the symptoms during puberty or early years of life. The patient may suffer from blurry vision and difficulty focusing on a particular object.
- The individual with the condition can notice; with time, they become sensitive to artificial and natural light.
- The patient may suffer from frequent changes in eyesight.
- Individuals with keratoconus can notice that they suffer from double vision and cloudy vision.
What causes a person to suffer from keratoconus?
The exact reason for keratoconus is not known; however, the factors that play a crucial role in developing the condition include:
- People with a family history of eye diseases are at a higher risk of suffering from keratoconus.
- People who excessively run their eyes are at a higher risk of suffering from keratoconus.
- Environmental factors can increase the chances of suffering from the eye-related disease. Hormonal imbalance and allergies can cause the person to suffer from keratoconus.
What ways can help prevent the occurrence of keratoconus?
The preventive measures include:
- Individuals with allergies should avoid coming in direct contact with pollen and dust to improve their overall physical health.
- People should avoid rubbing their eyes vigorously to avoid complications such as keratoconus.
What tests help diagnose an individual with keratoconus?
The computerized corneal mapping test helps get in-depth information regarding the corneal surface. It helps to evaluate the severity of the condition and to provide the treatment accordingly.
What treatment options are proven effective in treating keratoconus?
The patients with keratoconus need to undergo keratoplasty. It is a surgical procedure in which the individual with keratoconus receives a healthy cornea from a donor. The replacement allows the patient to have a clear vision without further complications.
Individuals with keratoconus must consult an eye specialist in Islamabad. The specialist will guide the patient regarding complications without treatment and procedures, which will help manage the symptoms without further complications. The treatment will enhance the quality of life, and the person will become productive in every aspect of life.