When you sign a document, you’re showing that you agree to the terms of the agreement. If you’re using a PDF file to sign agreements, there are several ways to add your request signature. Adobe Acrobat says, “Signature tool uses Acrobat Sign tech to make sure tamper-proof, signed agreements.”
Take a Photo of Your Signature
To get started, you will need to download the PDF Signature app. You can find it by searching for “PDF Signature” on the App Store or Google Play. Once you have downloaded and installed the app, open it and click “Sign Document.” The next screen will display your camera options: make sure that both “Front camera” and “Rear camera” are selected.
If you don’t have a dedicated scanner in your office, then using a mobile device is probably going to be your best option for scanning documents like these contracts. If you do have access to a scanner at work or home, though (or any other location where there might be one), then feel free to use that instead!
Draw Your Signature
To draw your signature, first, use a pen to sign your name on a piece of paper. It needs to be legible, so make sure you are using the right type of pen and that it is working properly. If you want to get fancy, try using a calligraphy pen or even shading your signature in different colours! For example, if you are using a tablet or smartphone (or anything else that has touch capability), you can use its stylus instead.
Upload an Image of Your Signature
If you need to upload an image of your signature, there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Use a scanned copy of your signature rather than a photo or selfie of yourself. If possible, scan it into the PDF using Microsoft Office or OpenOffice software (if using Adobe Reader).
- A scanned signature is better than an electronically-created one because they look more authentic and they are more likely to pass authentication tests.
- Signatures can be used for authentication purposes–but only if they’re real! If you don’t have access to any scanner or other equipment that allows you to create them yourself, it’s recommended asking someone else who does have access to do so on your behalf (or simply asking them if there’s any way they could help out with this task).
Add Text to the Document
- Click the Insert tool in the toolbar and select Text from the drop-down menu.
- The cursor will change to a blinking vertical line, which indicates you can type Text into your document. Type any words or phrases that you want to appear on the document (like “This is an agreement”) and then click outside of this area when you’re done to exit edit mode.
You can sign a PDF document in many ways, but the key is that you need to be able to do it with your own handwriting. You can either take a photo of your signature or draw it onto the document. If you need more flexibility than this, consider using a scanner or tablet instead.